Thursday, February 22, 2007

My Day Off

I've been realizing how I have not been taking my days off seriously enough. I need to make the Sabbath a practice. Since I do not have a set schedule it makes it tough some times. I have decided that I will start writing what I did with my day(s) off for personal accountability. Since I work nights 1 day off can easily be more like 2 if I pace it correctly, which is a good thing. I got off Wed. morning and had Wed. night off. This is what I have done:

  • read for approx. 1 hour
  • 3 hour nap -- If I don't do this on a day off sleep at night is actually harder if I stayed up
  • rented/ watched 2 movies The Guardian and World Trade Center (see the reviews in following post)
  • ate Subway for dinner
  • watched Criminal Minds
  • took kids to school - this is cool because if I'm home Micki doesn't have to wrangle the kids and they get to sleep in a little
  • made a Wal Mart run
  • filled a propane tank
  • stopped at the library - borrowed Jarhead (see review)
  • watched movie
  • errands around home
  • still planning a haircut and a few more honeydoos

Not a bad effort -- hope to have a few more like it in the near future

No comments: