Thursday, January 24, 2008

If any of you need wisdom... (Bible Journey)





I am coming to realize just how much wisdom and discernment I need to successfully live EVERY day. That is one of the reasons I am so excited about the next series we are endeavoring in my Sunday School class. We will be going through the book of James. This is one of the most practical books of the Bible for day to day life application. I am pumped about diving into how to apply these directives and even more about what our church/ community/ world would be like if we then apply them in daily living.
As part of my preparation I have been reading the entire book (all 5 chapters) every day; each day in a different translation. I will be challenging the members of the class to do the same next week as well as weekly reading "assignments". My hope is that by instilling a higher level of commitment it will lead to better discussion and interaction, which will then lead us to more complete application. I'll try to update on how that works out.
These are the translations that I have read or will be reading in the next few days.

  • New King James
  • NIV
  • CEV
  • NASB
  • the Message

Any other good translations I shouldn't miss?

No comments: