Friday, January 4, 2008

Book #26 - Skipping Christmas by John Grisham

I have always been a fan of Grisham's books. I was in fact surprised when I realized that there were several that I have yet to read. One of my mini goals of '08 is to throw these into my mix of fiction reading.
While looking for something completely different than this book I came across it at the library. After noting that it was a book I had not read, a Grisham book, and short by novel standards I decided to give it a read. I am glad that I did.
The holiday movie, "Christmas with the Kranks" (which I have not personally seen) is based on this book.
The gist of the book is what many of us have thought of during our lifetimes; the idea of chucking it and blowing off Christmas. The Kranks then discover that even though there are many hassles involved with the holidays and dealing with people, relationships are far more important that personal desires.
The book is as easy as any Grisham text to read and I found it quite enjoyable; definitely recommended.

No comments: