Thursday, April 12, 2007

You know you're getting old when...

We have all heard and/ or said that line numerous times. Tonight I had one of those moments that serve to confirm the obvious. I dropped my boys off for Youth Group.
All 6th grader were invited for the first part of the youth service tonight. Yup, my boys will be teens later this summer and sending them to youth group only confirms my oldness. I talked with another dad who had brought his daughter and was in the same boat. Where does the time go? Why does it seem harder and harder to let go, even a little? Times like this force me to remember that almost 13 years ago my wife and I stood in front of the church and gave them over to God. We are just caretakers to help them on their journey. Nostalgia and a splash of reality... has anyone seen my cane????


No comments: