Sunday, April 15, 2007

Is it really Sunday already?

Man the week can get away from you in a hurry. I just looked and couldn;t believe it had been that long since I had last posted. It's not like I've been sleeping the time away, that's for sure. Here are the highlights (that's probably too big a term) from my last several days:
  • Taxes: I finished our state taxes . Never waited this long before, never again. Also got my parents' done for them on Thursday. Scratch one off the to do list...
  • After a vacation week working 6 days at my "real job" seems to be taking it's toll
  • Home repair: I am no good at drywall stuff and my patch projects are not coming along as well as I had hoped
  • A promised 30-45 minute meeting at the Little League on Thursday evening turned into almost 2 hours... promises, promises.
  • I got to eat dinner with my wife and two of our kids here Friday evening. This does not happen enough. And I get the awful feeling that it is only going to become more rare. I already ranted this week about my boys growing up too fast.
  • Can I just say Walmart is carzy busy on a Friday evening.
  • We got to practice as a baseball team for the first time in two weeks. Looks like almost alle the other teams called off because it was barely 40 degrees. I'm glad we did it. Small progress was made. 11 of 12 kids showed up. I don;t know yet how many games we will win this year but at least my guys seem to love the game.
  • We had a funeral/ memorial service for my uncle Saturday afternoon. (more on this in a later post) Good to see family.
  • Perry Noble made 2 killer posts this week. Read them here and here
  • I am excited about where we are going at CRMC in the area of dicipleship; plenty more to come on this in coming days/ weeks
  • A friend has just recently started blogging. You should check it out.
  • I am excited about church in the morning. I hope we are ready to listen to what God is trying to tell us right now.
  • Nascar is at Texas this week. Three words: GO JIMMIE GO
  • my fantasy baseball team is finally starting to hit the ball. Hope I'm not too far behind already.

Now back to your regular programming...

No comments: