Sunday, April 15, 2007

Even in our weakness

Been mulling this for a couple days now. We often are told how great it is that God has chosen to use us to work out His will and plan. Which is true and which is cool. But I wonder how often it is that God works His plan in spite of us. When He does, it's pretty amazing to watch. Sunday's services were an example, at least from my perspective. Crunch time comes often as schedules fill up; this weekend was major league in that area. This led to a middle of the night session to complete the graphics for worship accompanied by attempts to download some software to assist burning a DVD file. This led into a harried start to a worship team practice that never seemed to quite click. After having previewed about 10 minutes of the DVD I burned and deeming it good I showed it in SS only to have it crash with about 10 minutes left. But God showed up! I finished the lesson from the notes and we had more time than planned for discussion which was definitely needed. I actually had to shut things down because worship was about to begin. If only people would engage in SS that well every week. We went to the sanctuary where the bulk of the service just never seemed to flow. Then Bud preached and God showed up again in a powerful challenge for us to get out of our comfort zones and seek out what it is that God wants us to be doing. You can read about that HERE. My point is that even through distraction, unpreparedness, Satan's opposition, and just a messed up day; God does His thing. That's why I'm glad that I get to be a part. I know that my job is faithfulness and at least putting forth an effort (see the Parable of the Talents for what happens to the servant who does nothing) and God will accomplish His will.

No comments: