Sunday, June 17, 2007

Another "time to get a clue moment" -- Little League International

I just added Google Analytics this past week. It tracks all kinds of cool stuff. The thing that I and many others are finding interesting and fun is the feature that tracks the searches that people did that led them to your blog. In the past week I have had 13 people visit my site due to searches involving the Little League rule book. The sad thing is that you will never find this book online. If you do it will be for a short time because if LL finds the site they will sue to take it down. They have done it in the past. You cannot just call Williamsport and get a copy of the rules either. You have to get one through an approved source (like your ballpark). It makes me frustrated to see that volunteerism is at it's all time low at our local park and it appears others are struggling as well. Why are the rules almost treated as secret? Organizations who act this way tend to slowly die. I love baseball; I love most of what LL stands for; I hope they wake up before it's too late.

No comments: