Sunday, June 24, 2007

AFI top 100 movies


There are what seems like zillions of lists out there. One of the ones that I actually think is fun is the AFI top 100 movies list. One of the fun things about this is that they have a ballot that everyone can fill out. They did it 10 years ago and another aired this past week. Interesting to see how much the list changed and how many movies made such big changes in spots.

I'm not sure what amazes me more: that I have spent so much time watching movies; or how many supposedly "great" films I have never seen.

I did a quick run through of the ballot and the most recent list. I have seen 167 of the films listed on the ballot and 54 of the films that made the top 100. I realized that there are some pretty well known films I have never seen, and some I could care less about. These things are always up for debate and that is part of the fun. Got to the AFI site and check out the lists.


How many of the top 100 and 400 from the ballot have you seen?


No comments: