Monday, December 31, 2007

Book #24 - Bethany: the Lord's Desire for His Church by Frank Viola

This ebook came to my attention through my feed reader a while back. I had printed it out and in my ongoing effort to conquer my ever growing reading list/ pile I picked it up. I was initially interested because of the ties to the house church. I thought that the message of the book would be directed toward that movement. What I found were a series of lessons that apply to any church.
The book is based around 4 Biblical accounts that occurred in the town of Bethany. These are then related to the contemporary church. The passages are as follows:
Luke 10:38-42
John 11:1-44
John 12:1-8
Luke 24:50-53
The book is a short read but a quality one. It gives insight, encourages, and gave me inspiration in my own efforts within the body that I attend. If you are interested, you can download it for yourself HERE.

No comments: