Wednesday, July 4, 2007

A grilling we will go... Part 2


As promised, here is the update to the saga of the cracked grill. Yesterday morning I loaded all the parts/ boxes/ foam on a drywall cart a proceeded into the store. After receiving an odd look from the young lady at the returns counter I explained the situation and provided her with my receipt.

I became a little nervous about the situation when she called a guy up from the grill section to "look at this before I return it". Upon his arrival I repeated my story and he proceeded to simply agree that the unit was in fact damaged and quickly retrieved another unit and loaded it on a cart for me. I walked out of the store with my new grill and a grill cover in less than 10 minutes! Way to go Lowes. This is how customer service should work.

I was able to assemble the grill (it took about 90 minutes instead of the 50 listed in the manual) and we officially christened the grates last night with bratwurst. Looking forward to something else today. We love to cook on the grill, this will make for a fun rest of the summer.

No comments: