Thursday, March 29, 2007

Baseball practice #2

After practice was over I thought to myself; "sure is fitting that that was practice #2". We were missing 4 kids, it was raining/muddy, the boys were distracted, I had no one else there to help me run drills, I hadn't prepared, they boys couldn't even get hits off my slow pitching, the list could likely go on. Then I thought about it and came up with some things that I should have been focused on. I would have had to change hands with my wristband if it had arrived yet. There is even a blog. With a little perspective, here are things that I should have had in mind:
  • My mission is greater that winning baseball games
  • 8 kids DID show up in the rain to practice
  • it was after all only the 2nd practice
  • I get to spend time with my boys
  • the guys are fielding better than I expected, we can allocate more time to hitting in the coming practices
  • we practiced, it could have been a washout
  • we still have a month until opening day
  • the chattyness of the boys is actually good; they are bonding into a team

There, a little perspective makes me feel a bunch better... I love baseball!

No comments: