Friday, August 24, 2007

Book #15 -- True Light by Terri Blackstock


As the month of August winds to a close I have reached the halfway point to my goal of 30 books in 2007. While being behind (I should be at 20 to be on pace) I have several books started and feel like I can make a run at completing my original goal.

Earlier this week I completed True Light by Terri Blackstock. This book #3 in the Restoration series. I have now read at least 7 or 8 Blackstock novels and have enjoyed each one. They are usually of the murder mystery type with a slant on the spiritual.
This series deals with what would happen if massive EMPs destroyed all electronics and basically threw the world back to the early 1800's instantly. "no phones, no lights, no motor cars, not a single luxury...", I digress. It's funny how life's circumstances can help you understand the things that are truly important.
The characters of the series are developed in greater detail in this book. I don't know how many more books are planned for this series but I am anxious to read more after this one. The real life struggles of living out faith are explored more vividly than I can recall in any previous book. Mark Green is in a struggle for his freedom and life but must find a way to reconcile his faith in Christ with all that is going on.
If you have never read a Blackstock novel I encourage you to check one out. Obviously I would start with book #1 of a series but I don't think that you will feel that you have wasted any time in doing so. If you get book #1 in the series then you could catch up by the time the next installment comes around. Definitely great fiction with a message that will cause you to ponder, that equals superb writing.

No comments: