Thursday, May 24, 2007

24 - In Review

Ok, like most people I didn't think that this was the best season. I really think that there are a few things that made the show lose a little luster; in no particular order:
  1. They have set the bar so high that a letdown was almost inevitable
  2. There are now so many sub plots running that it takes away from the focus of the show.
  3. I think for the first time they put a lot of effort into setting up the next day. It doesn't seem to have been a very popular move.
  4. WAY too many bad guys at once. How many factions/ nations can poor Jack handle in one trip around the sun dial?
  5. I know it's TV but the unrealistic stuff got a little hokie; ie. President Palmer coming in and out of his coma sevreal times in a 2 hour period.
I could probably go on but there is no need. I still really like the show. I think that we all want to be like Jack, but at the same time realize how unwilling we are to make huge sacrifices in our lives. We also relate to him because he is so flawed. Even with all his special abilities he is just another average Joe. Only about 8 1/2 months until next season...

No comments: