Thursday, July 15, 2010

Something to Ponder ... George Steinbrenner


Love or hate the Yankees or him, you cannot deny the impact that George has had on the game of baseball. In remembrance here are a few quotes:

But why shouldn't I speak out? Don't you speak out in this country?

Don't talk to me about aesthetics or tradition. Talk to me about what sells and what's good right now. And what the American people like is to think the underdog still has a chance.

I am dead set against free agency. It can ruin baseball.

I am tough. Sometimes I'm unreasonable. I have to catch myself every once in a while.

I don't think that anybody should be suspended for life for anything, other than murder. How is it helping someone to say, 'You're done forever, your life's over'?


I don't want to be in the Hall of Fame. I don't think owners should be.

I haven't always done a good job, and I haven't always been successful -

but I know that I have tried.


-- George Steinbrenner

No comments: