Thursday, July 23, 2009

Book Review - The Noticer by Andy Andrews


I finished my copy of The Noticer in just a few hours. That in no way indicates the truth and thought provocation within its pages. As with any good novel you are drawn in from the opening paragraphs. Unlike most novels, this is more than a good story. Andrews uses the story to disperse the truths about life that he has learned and passed along in various forms in his other works.

I can easily see this book being used in small groups, one on one accountability, and even as a way of personal reflection. I myself am planning on working through it with my teen aged sons. I see it becoming a good conversation starter. It's the kind of book that will make a great gift for birthdays, graduations, promotions, and any other life event.

The truths that Jones brings out in the lives of the other characters fit into all our lives at one time or another. I found my self pondering how these apply in my own life even as I continued to turn the pages. There are plenty of books to fill your time, this one is a keeper. Add it to your "to read" list and plan on getting your own copy. You wouldn't want to have to return it to the library when you are done.

No comments: