Monday, March 31, 2008

Back on the horse...

It has been a full 3 weeks since I last posted to this blog. This was both intentional and unintentional. It started out as a few busy days and distractions that led me to the realization that I had come to one of those points in blogging where the time was right to consider my motivations and direction for investing in a blog.
Call it a blog fast, blogcation, or whatever. It was needed. During this time I came to some understandings about what I like and don't like about blogging. I also am seeing how I have been handling juggling life and it's responsibilities and opportunities. This is the gist of where I am:
  • I want to keep blogging. not to be "read" but for myself and as a way of marking and journaling things that I enjoy or find helpful. If others benefit, that's cool!
  • I need to use writing as a way of producing the discipline of following through rather than having too many plates spinning at one time. Setting and following through on deadlines for my original content will help.
  • I need to be more vulnerable and open. Posting will not always be on personal stuff, but I should do it more.
  • I have a ton of ideas for posts, series, and the like. I need to develop those ideas. They can and will evolve into useful material for teaching and learning myself if I will do that,

With that in mind these are my initial blog goals...

  1. 2 link dumps a week. Bloglines is a great resource. I will use my feeds to gather stuff I find pertinent and helpful.
  2. At least 2 original posts per week. As I looked back I was beginning to merely be re posting stuff I found around the web. Not a bad thing but I need to create and input.
  3. HAVE FUN WITH IT

That's it in a nutshell; time to dive back in...

No comments: