Saturday, September 29, 2007

A fun time of the year.

I was thinking about how much this time of year is exciting in sports. You have football (HS, college, NFL) all in full swing, the baseball playoff are about to begin, the NASCAR chase is in gear, it's a great time of the year to go fishing if you can find time, and hunting has started (deer season officially opens Monday for archers.
So many opportunities, so many events to distract, yet so many chances to relax and enjoy. Here's what I think about this weekend's events...
The boys and I went to the High School game last night. The Chargers, who have struggled through some close games, pulled off the 28-27 OT win. Northwood decided to go for two after their OT score. I thought it was a good move because we had trouble stopping the run all night. The boys made a goal line stand to win it, on Homecoming!
Notre Dame faces off against Purdue. It might be the homer in me but I really think that this is a set up game for the Boilers. They seem to have all the signs of overconfidence and the Irish really have nothing to lose. Winning is great medicine and ND is in desperate.
Colts play Denver in a game they should win at home but I am sure that will be a tough assignment. The Bears travel to Detroit to try out their new QB against an absolutely awful Lions D. I like their chances.
The #48 is on the pole again. Can Jimmie avoid the trouble or will the other chasers take advantage?
The Cubs clinched tonight so watching/ listening to them this weekend has become unnecessary. However, watching the scoreboards will be interesting as there are 5 teams scrambling for 3 spots. This will also decide who plays the Cubs. Can they finally get over the goat?
I wish I could say that in the next week I'll have a chance to hunt or fish. Unfortunately it looks like that won't be happening. I do hope to get my bow out and at least go to the range...

FALL IS FUN

No comments: